First off, hi there, long time no post.
Now, on to a story about last weekend, it was a doozy.
You see, Sawyer has had a little tummy issue for the past
week and a half, and it kind of came and went and came again. We kept hoping it
would go away and he would start eating regular food without it… you know…
making a reappearance (at either end, sorry I know that is more than a little gross)
So, Saturday we decided to take him to his friend (and our
best friend Chris Mitchell’s niece) Rorie’s farm-animal-themed birthday party
in hopes that all the fun would make him feel better. And it did for awhile, he rode the pony...
saw a Zebra (how funny does Rorie’s dad look holding a leash
with a Zebra on the end of it?)...
some alpacas….
a freaking teacup
pig…
and hung out with a dwarf horse....
…then his stomach got even worse. We changed his diaper 12
times between 4 p.m. and 11 p.m. and he threw up twice. Josh and I talked
to my dad and decided it was time to take him to the emergency room.
Now. You need to understand that I am not the mom
that thinks every sniffle deserves a doctor’s visit. But, because he had been
not eating, miserable and lethargic for so long we knew we needed to take him
in to the doctor and that there was no way we could do it on Monday, so we
drove to the pediatric emergency room Sunday morning.
Poor little guy was dehydrated so they immediately got him
some IV fluids running (which was just no fun at all, seeing him with a needle
stuck in his little arm).
![]() |
| hanging out on the hospital bed with his ID anklet |
![]() |
| playing with his stickers after getting his IV. |
They ran some tests and decided that because the Big Guy had
been on an antibiotic for his upper respiratory then immediately had a stomach
virus that he had killed all the good
bacteria in his belly and we needed to replenish it. So, thankfully all we
have to do now is make him eat lots of live, active yogurt and take some
probiotics.
![]() |
| laying with daddy, getting fluids and watching cartoons on Papa's iPad |
![]() |
| popsicles are his new favorite. |
Needless to say, we were extraordinarily tired on Monday and
BOTH of us had big meetings (although I will say mine was much worse
considering I had to present all the Gold Key awards and also deliver the
annual report to the Board of Education… sorry husband, I win).
Any way, now that work is going to slow down just a little I am can hopefully be
getting home at a decent hour and get some blogging done! So, watch out folks,
I’m back.









hope your little boy gets to feeling much much better this week! don't want him feeling icky when santa claus is bout to come to town. :)
ReplyDeletethat zebra picture is pretty funny.
oh gosh that sounds awful! What a tiring week. I hope he's getting much better!
ReplyDeleteI hope he is feeling better
ReplyDeleteoh, I hope he's feeling better now... that little zebra is too cute!
ReplyDelete