Thursday, August 8, 2013

gettin' ready jams

When I was in high school and college, I can remember being crowded around the mirror with friends jamming out while getting ready to head out for the night. Some times the memories of us doing each other's hair, passing makeup around and trading outfits are even better than the party, club or cookout we went to.

Those "getting ready" moments continued as we all got ready together as bridesmaids at each other's weddings...

Urs & Paige at Dana's wedding where we all had to keep an eye on each other's flowers (we each wore some in our hair)

jacking it to jesus trying to get some volume for Carla's wedding

because I can't make a normal face.... trying to change my rainbows to heels

a little post-wedding bustling for Hope

and some pre-wedding poofing for Carla

and again with the face.... re-curling my hair for Hope's wedding

But always present while we're getting ready are some of my "hype" songs. Here are our favorites:
Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks on Grooveshark

Show Stopper (feat. Yung Joc) by Danity Kane on Grooveshark

Let Me Blow Your Mind by Gwen Stefani on Grooveshark

Out Tonight by Rent Soundtrack on Grooveshark

Party In The USA by Miley Cyrus on Grooveshark

We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus on Grooveshark
I hate that there are two Miley songs up here, but they're so dag on catchy.

You Don't Have To Call(ThrowBa by Usher on Grooveshark

I've got a feeling by Black Eyed Peas on Grooveshark

Diva by Beyoncé on Grooveshark

I Wanna Go by Britney Spears on Grooveshark

No Diggity by Blackstreet on Grooveshark

It's Getting Hot in Here by Nelly on Grooveshark

Big Pimpin' by Jay-Z on Grooveshark

What are you favorite "getting ready" jams?

2 comments:

  1. Love all of these songs!! getting ready jams are crucial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those days too. I wish I could go back on occasion

    ReplyDelete