it doesn't matter how many nightgowns, pajamas or t-shirts I buy, my husband's big cotton t-shirts are my favorite things to wear to bed and around the house (with leggings of course).
And it is always the same ones, his "Team>Me" basketball t-shirt from high school (which doubled as a pillow case for me my freshman year at UNC-W) and his white "win or loose, we still booze" shirt he randomly bought form a guy at a tailgate one time.
I don't know why I love them so much, even though they are probably the least flattering thing I wear around the house.
I think it's the fact that no matter how many times I wash them, they only get softer and somehow smell more like Josh.
Or maybe it's because they're too big for me, a problem I usually have the opposite of when it comes to clothes. I feel small and protected in his t-shirts, like I can just wrap myself in them and everything will be okay. I don't have to pull at the edges and make sure the shirt is long enough to cover that top part of my legs I don't like or make sure it's not sticking too all the wrong parts of my stomach.
Or maybe it's just because they're Josh's. Because if feels good to know that I can pull one of his t-shirts out of his dresser in our room and wear it.
No matter the reason, putting on one of his t-shirts after a long day at work and throwing one on when I climb out of the shower at night always makes me feel at home.

aww I love this and feel the same way!! (About Robbie's shirts, not Josh's hehe)
ReplyDelete