Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Venison "Cube Steak" Rollups

thanks to Jordan, my brother-in-law, Josh and I have a freezer full of deer meat in all shapes and forms. So, I am always looking for new ways to cook it and was happy to stumble upon a "Stuffed Cube Steak Rollup" recipe on a blog called "Another Waters" and modified it more for our taste!

You'll have to forgive my lack of pictures, I decided about mid way through the recipe "hey, I should blog this."

Ingredients:
4-5 pieces cube steaks (or cubed venison meat)
marinade (recipe below)
2 oz cream cheese, softened
4-5 pieces uncooked bacon
1 Tbsp. dried parsley

Marinade:
   1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
   6 tablespoons soy sauce
   1/4 cup minced garlic
   1/2 medium onion, chopped
   1 tablespoon dried Rosemary
   1 tablespoon pepper
   3 tablespoons steak seasoning of your choice
   3 tablespoons of your steak sauce of choice (I used A1)

Directions:
1. Combine the ingredients for your marinade and blend well in a food processor (or just by hand) and pour over your meat. Marinate for 4 to 24 hours, I like to marinate mine for the whole 24, it has more flavor!

2. Pre-heat oven to 375 (although this will be grilled you will need the oven later). Once your meat has marinated, mix your softened cream cheese with the parsley and smear on one side of each piece of meat.

3. Roll your venison or cubed steak into a roll with the cream cheese on the inside and wrap with bacon.

4. Here comes the tricky part. Because the meat is all rolled up, it makes it hard to cook all the way through. I turned my George Forman grill to high and seared the meat brown on the outsides for about 10 minutes on each side, flipping every 5 minutes then I put it in the oven at 375 until the insides are no longer pink, usually around 20 minutes or so. 

I do not have a picture of the finished product because we ate so quickly, trust me it is delicious!


2 comments: