Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmas'ed

Our house has officially been Christmas'ed (yes, I did just turn Christmas into a verb). After several glue gun burns, lots of chasing after Sawyer when he stole ribbon and tape and spending more money than I care to mention at Hobby Lobby, we are finally done decorating our home!


it might be Christmas time, but I still have my Relay support sign out front!



Thanks to Pinterest, I completely re-did most of our decor with some rustic touches. Check out Pinterest's version of a few products and mine...

I used Simplicity in the South's idea for some Joy buckets, but added some burlap & fabric garland as well (this one a lot easier than the rag garland I made last week) that I saw on Do It Yourself Divas.




I made mine a little more "Christmas-y" with pine cones & berries and adding some red to the burlap bunch garland.

Then thanks to Live a Little Wilder and Wood Lawn Lane, I created a little "NOEL" sign over the couch with some pinecone garland.



I just used more red & green (since I already had the moss "E" sitting on the shelf over my bed) and then hot glued the same ribbon from the pine cones to the edges of a cheap $2 mirror from Wal-Mart.


Then I fell in love with this crate, jar & greenery center piece over at DIY Queens and decided I needed to recreate it too.

Here is the Pinterest version:
via
And here's mine! I did not have a vintage wooden box sitting around so heyyy burlap covered shoebox.


Now, I must go attempt to remove the glitter and burlap strings from everything I own.

4 comments:

  1. Everything looks amazing!!! I am IN LOVE with your porch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your new touches! Pinterest is such a good and bad thing for decorating. I have so many fun ideas I want to try! I love your 'Noel'. That's one of my favorite pins I saw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so dang creative, woman!! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your crafts always turn out amazing.

    ReplyDelete