Thursday, May 20, 2010

5 years and 50 pounds ago

I was bored during my lunch hour last Friday and started looking through some old photos online when I found this gem (click on it to make it bigger):
Skanks
That is me on the left with my friend Melissa during her 16th birthday in November 2005.
Note how incredibly thin I am.
I am fairly certain I weighed around 110 lbs. at the time.
Now take a gander at this photo:

(I'm in the middle between my friends Hope & Laura at LP's wedding)
How is that possible!?!
The first picture was only five years ago and I didn't even TRY to be that thin, I just was, I look like a COMPLETELY different person.
So I ask myself, how in the world did I morph from that skeletor to the curvy person I am today?
Granted, I always had the "Harrell booty" but it has now expanded taking my hips and legs along with it.
I showed hubby the picture, and like a good man he said, "I think you look better now, you looked sickly skinny then."
I kind of agree, but I would love to be AT LEAST 30 lbs. lighter.
It's not that I want to be as thing as I once was, I just want to like myself a little more (and I don't want things to jiggle that aren't supposed to and I want to fit into clothes that cost too much money to just sit in the closet).
I have been doing Weight Watchers now for about 3 weeks and I have already lost 6 pounds, but I've got a LONG way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment