Thursday, May 13, 2010

opposites attract

While the handyman fixes the printer in my office so I can print out the Retirement Banquet packets, I am going to take a little me time to blog.

I have heard several people say, "i never would have imagine you & Josh being a couple".
I can't say I disagree, in fact I just told a friend the other day that if someone had told me 6 years ago that I was going to marry Josh Edmondson I would have laughed.
So, I am going to tell you in about 3 or 4 blog posts allllll about how Josh and I, two very different people, got married.
Don't get me wrong, I didn't think anything was wrong with Josh, but we didn't hang out in the same crowds and while we knew of each other because his cousin Denise was my mom's college roommate, we didn't really KNOW each other.
Not only that, but I was extremely preppy in high school, especially my jr. & sr. years. Ralph Lauren more or less took over my closet and
Josh on the other hand wore basketball shorts, sweat suits, basketball socks with black Nikes sandals (I know I DIE) and would happily wear jeans and a plain white t-shirt out to dinner at a nice restaurant.
But, one night while spending some time with my friend Hope, she got a phone call from a guy she used to date who just happened to be with Josh. Midway through her conversation she held the phone out towards me and said "Josh Edmondson wants to talk to you". I gave her a strange look and took her cell.
All I heard was laughing and then Josh said, "I heard you were a freak, I will rock your world". (They may or may not have been some alcohol involved) I just laughed and handed the phone back to Hope.
Shortly after that we started dating, instead of "you had me at hello" Josh had me at a wonderful phrase like "i will rock your boat".

To be cont.

No comments:

Post a Comment