Monday, May 17, 2010

lauren & joshua - part 2

Now that Relay for Life is over (we won first place in the theme, campsite AND banner categories!!) I can finish the tale of how Josh & I ended up married.

So... shortly after the phone call where Josh informed me that he could "rock my world", my friend Kat invited me to a girl's night sleepover at her friend Morgan's apartment. Morgan just happened to be Josh's roommate.

When I got to their apartment, Josh was on his way out the door with his friend Ryan & cousin Michelle. He didn't mention our phone conversation, but as he left he said, "Any of ya'll can use my bed to sleep since I will be gone all night."

After a fun evening of card games, laughing and random late night gas station visits, the girls and I decided it was time for bed. I took Josh up on his offer and slept in his comfy bed.

In the wee hours of the morning, Josh came home. To his room. Where I was sleeping. After he realized there was a person in his bed, I sat up and said "Do you want me to leave?" He told me I could keep sleeping and would I mind if he slept there too.

I gave him a weird look and he said "i will sleep on top of the covers and you can sleep underneath, it will be like I'm not even here". So that's what happened.

When I woke up the next morning Josh and I sat there and talked for hours and hours until the other girls woke up.

Later in life he told me he had orchestrated the whole setup with kat & morgan.

to be cont.

No comments:

Post a Comment