So glad that I finally had time to be a little crafty again so I can link up with the Katie at Keep Calm & Carry On and Steph @ Beautiful Mess for Saw it, Pinned it, Did it!
I do not like the bright overhead lights in my office, so I use the under-the-hutch lights on my desk units and two lamps to light my little work area.... however one corner has gotten exceptionally dark since I added a second monitor (btw, dual-desktops make design and multi-tasking SUPER easy).
Original Pin:
![]() |
| Source: ritamay-days.blogspot.com via Rita on Pinterest |
My lamp:
Cheap lamp
Fabric
Scissors
Hot Glue
Tape (unless you have twelve hands)
Scissors
Hot Glue
Tape (unless you have twelve hands)
1. Take lamp shade off, if it's attached, you'll need to unscrew it. This step is so you can fit the fabric onto the base.
2. Cut a hole in your fabric to fit over the bulb piece. You're going to "wrap" the base like a present so just lay the fabric over the top and cut a little place that can be easily mended with tape on the back side.
![]() |
| see, just a little nick in the fabric right on top! |
![]() |
| painters tape is a great tape to hold fabric tight without leaving goo-ey stuff behind. |
![]() |
| this isn't too pretty, but that side is definitely facing the wall! |
5. Plug in your lamp and enjoy! This project cost me a grand total of $10.45 since I got the lamp for $8 and the fabric on sale for $2.45!
















I would have never thought of that idea!! Seriously. That lamp is a STEAL and brightens up the work place so nicely :) love it. Happy you linked up with us lady!
ReplyDeleteLike Katie I NEVER would have thought of that! I thought you were going to say you used fabric to cover the lampshade! How clever! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's adorable, what a fantastic idea! I love it! New Follower :)
ReplyDeleteAlisa
http://allthingsalisamarie.blogspot.com
So cute and fun!! New follower from the link up! :)
ReplyDeletexo
Love love love this! What an awesome idea!!
ReplyDeleteSay whaaaa??!! This is friggin genius!! Looks so cute!! Thank you for linking up with us! xo
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! I LOVE the polka dots!
ReplyDeleteLove the royal blue and white polka dots!
ReplyDeleteshorelifeofm.blogspot.com