I found this recipe over at "Get Crocked" and decided it was a must in my household. Just five ingredients and I don't have to really "cook" anything? Perfect.
All you need is:
- 1 can of whole kernel corn
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 jar (15 oz.) salsa
- 4 or 5 chicken breasts (raw or frozen).
- 1 block of cream cheese (250g)
Then follow these easy directions:
1. Put your chicken (can be frozen or raw) in the bottom of your crockpot.
2. Drain your cans of corn and beans.
3. Pour the corn, beans and jar of salsa over the chicken and stir. Let me use this moment to advocate for how freaking awesome crockpot liners are, those jokers are a life saver.
4. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. I would go 8 hours if the chicken is frozen still.
5. About 10 minutes before you want to eat, add the cream cheese, I suggest cutting the cream cheese into cubes before adding it to the pot, it seems to melt and blend better this way.
6. Shred your chicken with a fork or spoon (shouldn't take much since it will be very tender) and serve it up with some Tostitos! It totally tastes better on a TV tray while watching "How I Met Your Mother"... just sayin'
This is my favorite "go to" recipe at our house, so easy and delicious!