Thursday, April 29, 2010

the best friends i could ask for

These past couple of years have introduced a few new friends and a few acquaintances who grew into friends. In fact, I have my friend Dana's wedding to truly be thankful for bringing me closer to so many wonderful girls, who were all bridesmaids in her May 16th wedding.
My friend Dana and I grew up together and have been friends since birth since our parents are very close and we too have grown a lot closer. Since we were engaged at the same time, we could offer each other wedding planning advice, and now that we're both married we can give each other advice on how to deal with our husbands ;) Dana is a friend who always has a friendly disposition and looks on the bright side of things. It is so nice for Josh and I to have another married couple that has the same values and lifestyle as us.
While my best friend Hope has been my bestie since high school, we have grown even closer in the past couple of years. Hope is loyal, will tell you the truth whether you want it or not and is always ready to just let you vent. She has stood by me through crazy situations and we fuss at each other like sisters.
My friend Rachel (or "wachel" as Josh's little brother Jordan called her) was actually Josh's best friend growing up. Rachel and I have known each other for awhile, but Dana's wedding really brought us closer. Rachel is always ready for a good time and is up for anything and always has a funny saying (such as "shut the FRONT door") or story to make me laugh.
Kathryn is a new friend. While we both went to the same high school, we didn't really know each other and honestly didn't care to know each other, but when we started hanging out at Dana's wedding events and other things where our mutual friends Hope & Rachel were, we found out that we really liked each other. Kathryn is another one who says what she thinks and isn't afraid of what anyone else thinks. She is honest, open and fiesty, so we have a LOT in common.
Other girls that were friends with Kathryn such as Kaleigh (who is engaged to a guy from home named Danny that I grew up with) and Bridget (who I ALSO grew up with) have also become acquaintances.
Dana's sister-in-law Ursula and her sister Andrea have also become great friends. The two sisters are CRAZY and so much fun. They both always make sure that everyone around them is having a good time and are so thoughtful and sincere. I honestly couldn't have picked a better person than Ursula to marry Dana's brother, Jason and I am so happy that Urs' sister has practically become part of the Webb family too.
As a girl who had a lot of guy friends growing up, I am so excited that I finally have a list of girls I like to hang out with and confide in.

No comments:

Post a Comment