Monday, July 9, 2012

Kindly climb off your high horse please.

I've got a little bone to pick.


I am a Christian.

But guess what? I am also a sinner


And according to Romans 3:23... you are too.

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God


and also according to Isaiah 53:6...


Isaiah 53:6 We all, like sheep, have gone astrayeach of us has turned to our own way...


I do not claim to be perfect. I have made mistakes and I still do. But I am blessed that the Lord is forgiving.


So on to my point...


Who are we to judge others? 


Who are you to say "you're not a Christian" because I want to go see Magic Mike? And to judge other people for sinning, when you yourself are a sinner? 

Matthew 7:1-5 says we are not the one designated to judge others.


1Do not judge, or you too will be judged 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.



 When you are judgmental, high and mighty and whatever other term you'd like to use - you do NOT inspire others to become Christians, you support the theory that Christians are people who point fingers, look down on others and judg-y. 


We are supposed to love everyone. Not just those who are "good" in your eyes.


We are so blessed that we are saved with amazing grace and THAT is the word we should be spreading.

7 comments:

  1. Love this post. Great Monday message. Good for you for making decisions that were the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, I needed this so badly. I was getting so judged yesterday on so many levels, it drives me bonkers. I am happily a Christian regardless of what I do. God forgives. Happy Monday girl, be strong God is there to support you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is personal decision and conviction. It is no ones job to tell you what to do. You are so right about those who judge. Great verses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you posted some great verses that are so true about the fact that we as humans have absolutely no right to judge one another. I agree that we all have different convictions and God is the only true judge. But look at it this way - if there was a new movie coming out about women strippers and Josh excitedly went to see it, would you be happy about it? Most women would call men wanting to see that kind of movie pigs or crude or a slew of other words. The Bible also calls Christians to hold one another accountable in love (2 Timothy 4:2) - not to judge - but as a Christian you are held to a higher standard (Proverbs 10:17) so you should be seeking to please the Lord because HE is the one who will hold you accountable (Romans 3:19).

    Please know that I love you and am not judging you, but felt there were some key things that needed to be pointed out here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Most women would call men wanting to see that kind of movie pigs or crude or a slew of other words"...... guess what that is? JUDGING.

    The movie is in fact poking fun at stripping and how it IS crude and embracing it for what it is. The guys dont care, their making the money.

    If my hubs wanted to see a stripper movie, I'd have nothing to say about it. its just a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I applaud you! I understand this so well. I feel like in all facets of life, people are so quick to judge. But why? People need to focus more on themselves than others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Standing ovation!! Some people forget we are all sinners and if we don't believe exactly what they do we are the terrible sinners. Not the case. And it is just a movie and yes I wish I had some girlfriends who wanted to go when I could but that doesn't seem to be happening.

    ReplyDelete