Tuesday, November 6, 2012

second most embarrassing moment ever

Thursday night I humiliated myself. At the Piggly Wiggly.

I blame my new face wash.

You see, I started using a new face wash because my skin has been pretty oily lately - well apparently the wash dried my lips out horribly because I constantly need chapstick (please imagine me saying this in a Napoleon Dynamite voice). My favorite has been this super fat tube of "Blistek Silk & Shine"..



Well Thursday night I had to run to the local Piggly Wiggly to grab some dog food at like 8:30 p.m. since we were completely out. When I got there I was trying to grab my coat, get my wallet and lock my doors all at the same time and threw some more chapstick on my lips as I was climbing out of the car in the dark.

Well I noticed a lot of people were looking at me really weird but I thought it was because I am 25 years old but was wearing my high school soccer hoodie so I paid no attention.

Then the chick at the cash register looked at my very strangely, but I assumed it was because she knows my little sister and thought I was her or something.

I was very wrong.

When I climbed in my car and glanced in my rear view mirror to back out of the parking space I realized that that super fat tube of chapstick apparently feels the exact same as my lipstick tube. Because instead of chapstick, I had rubbed dark, brownish-red lipstick all over my mouth. I mean, I had put it almost all the way down to my chin and at the base of my nose

I was too embarrassed to even take a picture, but here is what it basically looked like:



I am so glad I didn't see anyone I know that well.

10 comments:

  1. OMG! That is soo something I would do by accident too. You would think someone would say, hun, you're lipstick is leaking off your lips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...I am so sorry!! I am also sorry that I laughed out loud when I read it ;) Haha but I'm with you on the applying technique...it ain't called putting on chapstick if you don't put all over the lower half of your face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! That's hilarious! I would have wanted to go crawl in a hole somewhere. Like you said, at least you didn't see anyone you knew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Piggly Wiggly. Love it.
    This is hilarious in a tragic kind of way. I think I would've died!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh em gee that is too damn funny!!!! and I can't believe y'all have Piggly Wiggly, that's cute. My dad used to work at one as a teenager and I don't think we've had them here since then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol. oh my goodness, that is too funny. I hope you've been well, love. If you get a sec, I'd love if you'd check out my latest outfit post. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!! That would have been when I saw everyone I knew and I am so glad you didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! HAHA! I have so done this - luckily I was not in public! I use the same chapstix as well as Nivea's Smoothness that has the same fat tube. I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete