I blame my new face wash.
You see, I started using a new face wash because my skin has been pretty oily lately - well apparently the wash dried my lips out horribly because I constantly need chapstick (please imagine me saying this in a Napoleon Dynamite voice). My favorite has been this super fat tube of "Blistek Silk & Shine"..
Well Thursday night I had to run to the local Piggly Wiggly to grab some dog food at like 8:30 p.m. since we were completely out. When I got there I was trying to grab my coat, get my wallet and lock my doors all at the same time and threw some more chapstick on my lips as I was climbing out of the car in the dark.
Well I noticed a lot of people were looking at me really weird but I thought it was because I am 25 years old but was wearing my high school soccer hoodie so I paid no attention.
Then the chick at the cash register looked at my very strangely, but I assumed it was because she knows my little sister and thought I was her or something.
I was very wrong.
When I climbed in my car and glanced in my rear view mirror to back out of the parking space I realized that that super fat tube of chapstick apparently feels the exact same as my lipstick tube. Because instead of chapstick, I had rubbed dark, brownish-red lipstick all over my mouth. I mean, I had put it almost all the way down to my chin and at the base of my nose.
I was too embarrassed to even take a picture, but here is what it basically looked like:
I am so glad I didn't see anyone I know that well.

OMG! That is soo something I would do by accident too. You would think someone would say, hun, you're lipstick is leaking off your lips.
ReplyDeleteOh my...I am so sorry!! I am also sorry that I laughed out loud when I read it ;) Haha but I'm with you on the applying technique...it ain't called putting on chapstick if you don't put all over the lower half of your face!
ReplyDeleteOh no! That's hilarious! I would have wanted to go crawl in a hole somewhere. Like you said, at least you didn't see anyone you knew.
ReplyDeleteHAHAH that's so awesome
ReplyDeletePiggly Wiggly. Love it.
ReplyDeleteThis is hilarious in a tragic kind of way. I think I would've died!
oh em gee that is too damn funny!!!! and I can't believe y'all have Piggly Wiggly, that's cute. My dad used to work at one as a teenager and I don't think we've had them here since then!
ReplyDeleteLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletelol. oh my goodness, that is too funny. I hope you've been well, love. If you get a sec, I'd love if you'd check out my latest outfit post. xo
ReplyDeletewww.fashboulevard.blogspot.com
LOL!! That would have been when I saw everyone I knew and I am so glad you didn't.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! HAHA! I have so done this - luckily I was not in public! I use the same chapstix as well as Nivea's Smoothness that has the same fat tube. I feel for you!
ReplyDelete