I am linking up again with Katie @ Keep Calm & Carry On and Steph @ Beautiful Mess again for "Saw it, Pinned it, Did it"!
I saw a great Memo Board made from fabric, scrapbook paper and a picture frame at Red Heads Craft More Fun (how fitting right?) and I just had to make it for the empty wall in our laundry room area, right by the door to the garage.
(I didn't include the scrapbook paper and such because I did things a little differently).
1. Find your old framed picture or poster (or buy a new one) and take out the existing inside cardboard piece or poster if it's hard (that's what she said).
|love this poster, but doesn't really match the new decor.|
2. Now, this step can vary. If you want, you just cut a piece of scrapbook paper, but I used fabric, so I wrap the existing poster in the fabric (leftover from my monogram art project) and secured it with packing tape.
Make sure the fabric is pulled really tight, to prevent bubbles and ripples.
3. Either use scrapbook paper and letter stickers or print out cute little things that you may want on your memo board OR just use the Memo Board like a plain dry-erase board and leave it blank to write anything on.
|sheets I made (with the amazing Adobe Creative Suite) for my board|
4. Secure the scrapbook paper or whatever you used on your fabric then put back into frame.
|This is totally photoshopped - forgot to take a picture of it not hanging with the things on it.|
5. Hang your new memo board and enjoy! Also, don't be like me and forget to buy dry erase markers....
And here's how it would look without the printables...
Go link-up, and check out all the other crafty ladies!