Thursday, November 8, 2012

Saw it, Pinned it, Did it #2

I am linking up again with Katie @ Keep Calm & Carry On and Steph @ Beautiful Mess for "Saw it, Pinned it, Did it"!


 

I saw an amazing DIY silhouette art post over at The Chronicles of Ruthie Hart and pinned it to make for over our living room couch!
Ruthie's version



What You Do:
1.) Paint your canvases whatever color you want. I chose the same green as I painted my picture frame last week.

2.) create your poster that you'll make your silhouette with. I used BlockPrint to turn my picture into a 2x2 page poster. 


3.) Tape together your print and then cut it out, playing close attention to the outline and detail. And yes, I totally made myself skinnier when cutting out my outline - it's totally fine.



4.) Lay your cut-out silhouette on your canvas and trace it VERY lightly, once again paying close attention to the details of your edges.

5.) Paint inside the trace with your white acrylic paint. Being super careful around the edges.

6.) Let that first layer of white dry then go over again so the white really stands out. Then hang (or prop) wherever you want!


7.) I (like Ruthie) made one of our sweet dog too, Sookie (the 100 lb. chocolate lab) and put them both on the shelf over our couch. 



Now, go Pin something then get crafty, or fashionable, or Betty-Crocker-y and link up with Steph & Katie too!


16 comments:

  1. Oh my Jesus...I am in love. Those are so cute and they turned out so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so cute! I love where you are displaying them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are amazing!!! I love them. Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good idea, I wanna do one of our doxie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you make it look sooo easy! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cute cute!! I love the 2 of them on the mantel together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it so much! Now I want to go take a picture of me and Jon like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I linked up with a canvas silhouette too! soooo cute! I love the wedding picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. just noticed you're obsessed with the ECU Pirates. Do you live in NC? My husband went to school there and I have almost officially been converted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that, what a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GET OUT! This looks SO good!!! I HAVE to do one of these!!

    PS-sorry I'm just now commenting...life has been CRAY these past few days!! Thanks so much for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great idea! It turned out perfect! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is SO cute! I'm pinning your version of it right now so that I can do this in our future house. Puppy one and all!

    I'm having so much fun reading through your blog right now - I knew I had to keep going when i saw the books at the bottom. I have almost everyone of them on my bookshelf at home right now!

    ReplyDelete