I am linking up with Katie @ Keep Calm &; Carry On and Steph @ Beautiful Mess Steph for "Saw it, Pinned it, Did it"!
I am the Relay for Life Coordinator for our school district and wanted to make a wreath to raffle off for the campaign.
Enter Pinterest.
Enter Pinterest.
I decided to combine two pins, one from Ashley @ It Is What You Make It of a lovely wreath with an initial and some hydrangeas arranged on a grape-vine form....
....and this great DIY moss-covered initial at First Lady of the House.
And I got this:
![]() |
| (obviously, I will change the "E" into whatever letter the person who win the wreath wants it to be) |
![]() |
| Wreath Form Moss Sheet Wooden or Cardboard letter Flora branch Floral Wire Loose flowers (of the larger variety) Glue Gun Scissors Wire Cutter |
![]() |
| also, I apologize for the blurry pictures someone forgot to charge her camera battery and has to use her phone... |
1. Cut the long stems off your floral branch then arrange it around your wreath. The nice hydrangea branch I got from Hobby Lobby was 50% off so it was $10, cheaper than buy flowers and greenery to look like that.
2. Using the floral wire, secure your branch to the wreath. The best part about using a grape vine wreath is that you can easily move the wire through the vines.
![]() |
| I used the wire to help manipulate the flowers better too, putting the certain parts of the petals where I wanted them and such. |
I just cut the stems very short on the hydrangeas and bent the stem through the wreath, curving the ends to form, then adding some floral wire to keep them secure.
Now, this next step will be THE HARDEST part of this wreath. Making that moss-covered "E" was so messy. But I love the way it turned out. I got the wrong kind of moss because Hobby Lobby didn't have the sheet of mossy green stuff, all they had was a sheet of actual loose-ish moss.
3. Lay your sheet of moss with the green side down onto your counter. Make sure you put a towel underneath it A BIG ONE, trust me I learned this the hard way. Lay the front side of your letter down on the back side of the moss and cut around the letter leaving space enough to wrap the sides (about 1/2 an inch).
4. Hot glue the moss to the sides of your letter. Make sure the sides are pressed tight, trimming the stray pieces close to the letter (so it doesn't look like a big fuzzy mess).
5. Put your letter on your wreath using the floral wire.
Then hang it wherever your heart desires... or if you're like me, get sad because you realize you're raffling it off for charity not getting to keep it...
Now, go check out the other awesome crafts, recipes and etc. or link-up too!














That came out adorable! Great job!
ReplyDeletethat came out soo good!
ReplyDeleteI am making my spring wreath next week! yours is adorable!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE it! ALl of it!! I need to cover my initial on my wreath in moss now! Looks so good!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for linking up with us!!
SO jealous of your craftiness Lauren. I, myself, am really not crafty at all. The wreath turned out great!
ReplyDeleteit turned out so good! love this!
ReplyDeleteThat turned out super cute. I love it! I may have to do one myself :)
ReplyDeleteI love the moss letters! Your wreath looks fab!
ReplyDeleteawesome job combining the two pins. digging this wreath and might be making one similar, this spring.
ReplyDeleteI pinned a similar wreath but have yet to do it! Awesome seeing it turn out so well! I like how you combined the two pins :)
ReplyDeleteSuper cute, I love how that came out!!
ReplyDeleteIt turned out great!. And thanks for the reminder I need to go sign up for my Relay team
ReplyDelete