Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Hump Day Happies

Just a list of some happy thoughts on a dreary Wednesday!


  • Sawyer brought home some of his artwork from preschool home yesterday and I got all teary-eyed looking at it. I can't handle how cute he was being so proud about his schoolwork. He is getting so big, I mean look at this picture, the one on the left is from Oct. 2011 and the one on the right is from last night in the same clothes basket. 


  • As I mentioned last month, I didn't do so hot on the 3-hr glucose test (after failing the short, 1-hr one) so the doctor put me on a low carb/sugar diet. Well.... when I went back for a checkup, my blood sugar was super high and he told me to cut down even further. Here is where the happy part comes in. I thought he said I could only have 20g of carbs a day which I was extraordinarily puzzled over because I had no idea how I was going to cut down that much, I was basically setting myself up for failure every day. Then this morning when I was looking over my sheet from the appointment to write down my next appointment date on my calendar, I realized he said 20g of carbs per meal. Praise the Lord!

  • Mrs. Kris, the preacher who helped marry Josh & me, and used to preach at Josh's parents' church has the best devotional journal that she posts a picture of every day. She not only writes down a verse or thought from her quiet time but also turns every page into a work of art. Check out the ones below, or follow her on instagram.






  • This weekend we have 2 baby showers! Our tailgate crew is throwing one for us on Saturday and then Sunday my friends Hope & Dana and Dana's mom are throwing me a small one at church. I was so surprised to even have one shower since this is our second baby and since we already have a boy! Despite having all the big stuff we need like a diaper genie, wipe warmer, car seat and etc. we do need all the other baby stuff like diapers, wipes, bottles (Sawyer's were so gross when we got them from storage), and bath stuff. We also are going to need some clothes for this little nugget since the sizes will be off with the seasons. 

  • I've already gotten a head start on some Christmas shopping/gift planning! With baby due in late November, I wanted to make sure we had all of our shopping done before he arrives to avoid any last-minute issues. Sawyer is still obsessed with Paw Patrol on Nick Jr.  and has been begging for more Paw Patrol toys (which are just now being produced) so I started pinning and planning out what to buy when. His big item this year from us is going to be a new tricycle, so his list isn't going to be too lengthy. 




I hope you have a happy hump day!

1 comment:

  1. I started my Christmas shopping last week. I ran into Walmart for dog food and in place of school supplies at the front was a toy clearance. I have two more kids to buy for this year so they got knocked off my list already.

    ReplyDelete