Tuesday, June 7, 2011

weekend happenings

This weekend my "baby" sister graduated from high school. Dee attends the North Carolina School of Science and Math in Durham, NC, a residential school for gifted juniors and seniors. They graduated around 300 seniors this year so the graduation was pretty lengthy but it was wonderful weather and sitting under the shade trees on Watts Lawn was amazing.


dee, mema and mama
Dee with John and his parents 
my family
I got to wear my new Lilly Delphina dress and Josh didn't even notice that it was new (which a good thing since he doesn't need to know I spent any money).
told you it matched my shoes perfectly!
The not so awesome part of graduation was when a man with an unfortunately revealing outfit sat in front of us. see below.

My parents left for Hilton Head Island right after graduation...without me. Sad face. This is the very first time I've ever missed a trip to my favorite place, but I knew that driving by myself (since Josh couldn't take off work) with Sawyer all 6.5 hours would be difficult and we'd have to stop twice for him to be fed or changed.

Also this weekend we put Sawyer in the pool for the first time! He loved the water, but totally despised the sunscreen he had to wear :(. Hopefully he will like the beach as much as he likes the pool!

3 comments:

  1. love the dress and the shoes..they def match perfectly!! congrats to your sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress and the crack attack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your sister!! I hate you missed Hilton Head

    ReplyDelete