I saw this awesome leaf initial on Pinterest (of course) and decided I could totally accomplish it myself.
What You'll Need:
Pool Noodle/Big Wooden Letter
Gorilla Glue
Hot glue
Craft leaves
Burlap or ribbon
What You Do:
1.) Instead of buying a semi-expensive big wooden "E", I chose to make one from pool noodles. Yep, I gots mad talent when it comes to shaping those suckers. If you want to just buy a letter, do that instead and skip this step.
After cutting the pieces I glued them together with Gorilla Glue and applied some rubber band magic to hold them together long for the glue to dry.
![]() |
| my pool noodle "E" |
2.) Once noodle is dry, apply craft leaves with hot glue. I tried to do this with Gorilla Glue, but I kept getting leaves stuck to me since they were so thin and the glue was seeping through. I purchased these leaves for only a $1 at Rite Aid and 65 leaves came in a bag - I bought two.
3.) After you cover your letter, put a ribbon or some cut burlap around the top to hang it up on your door (or wherever you choose). I luckily had burlap left from my fall candle project
4.) Hang it up, so everyone can be jealous of your awesome crafting skills.






this looks great! I seriously might have to try this!!! oh and ps you are really good at shaping the pool noodles haha
ReplyDeleteJealous of your pool noodle skills!
ReplyDeleteyes yes! i love diy projects and will definitely link up in 2 weeks! great idea.
ReplyDeleteOh my word! What a seriously cute idea! I am making this over the weekend!
ReplyDeletexo
You are so good about trying the ideas on pinterest. I just pin them one day maybe.
ReplyDelete