This is my Papa Dude's house.
When I was little, this house was more than just a big white house on a hill, it was a castle, it was a fort, it was my own personal play place.
I didn't watch tv at their house because they were way too many adventures to be had outside.
![]() |
| the "cook house" |
![]() |
| my princess balcony |
![]() |
| my little bridge, seemed so much bigger back then... |
![]() |
| the many pathways to the pond... that is now green. |
I climbed trees, played in the grape vines, rode my bike all through the fields. It was my happy place.
In fact, it was such a happy place that I had both my engagement pictures and some of my wedding pictures taken there.
![]() |
| via Melanie Mansfield |
![]() |
| via Melanie Mansfield |
And Mema Kay & Uncle Kenny's ashes are encased in their own little memorial in the back where the azaleas bloom the prettiest, so it's always nice to know that even though they aren't here, part of them is always at my favorite place.
But my favorite thing is that now Sawyer enjoys it just as much as I did. My Papa Dude loves to see Sawyer running through his fields (even if he does trample things) and "driving" the tractor.
He even fixed up an old go-kart so Sawyer could drive it around...
![]() |
| and yes, those are wheels off my Barbie jeep... |
We are so blessed to have Papa's house to have adventures at and it makes me so happy that I can now share my love for that big sprawling bit of land with my Sawyer too.
What is your happy place?















What a pretty house! That's so cool you have so many amazing memories there and can now share it with your son!
ReplyDeleteI love this. You just made me miss my Nana and Pap's house SO MUCH. I miss houses that have decades of history. It was one of the decided factors in buying our house - it's our foreva EVA home. Regardless, I totally want to hang out there. Anyone named Papa Dude is cool in my book.
ReplyDeletewhat a gorgeous house and what special memories there. thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteAs many times as I've ridden by and admired that house...I never knew it was your granddad's! So crazy. Love all the memories you have there!
ReplyDeleteMY grandparents house was like that. I am glad Sawyer gets to enjoy it too.
ReplyDelete