Monday, April 22, 2013

Raw Week 2013

If you follow me on Twitter (if you don't, you should) you already know that I spent some of the weekend planning for #RawWeek2013. That's right, me, miss carnivorous. the girl who couldn't even make a nice black bean salad without including cheese & venison is going to eat only the raw foods listed below for one week.



On Friday when Stephanie @ Beautiful Mess posted this challenge, I sat and looked at her blog post for about 20 minutes trying to decide if I could do this. Between the virus that attacked me, Josh & Sawyer the other weekend and my constant sinus infections, I have not been super healthy lately. So, I think this is the perfect way to sort of cleanse this ole body of mine and enjoy some clean eating for a week.

I hit up the grocery store on Saturday and got a cart load of my favorite veggies, fruits and nuts and ingredients to make homemade guacamole, Katie's black bean salad (but without the black beans) and homemade hummus (by the way, do you know how hard it is to find Tahini in small town grocery stores?!)


Then last night I packed my breakfast, lunch & snack for the day:
broccoli, homemade hummus,  almond butter, banana, grapes, kiwi, strawberries, oranges, almonds & guacamole

So, I am going to really try to make this happen! I have a yummy salad planned for tonight (spinach, oranges, sunflower seeds, cranberries, almonds, lime juice and topped with some of that corn salad (aka Katie's black bean salad with no black beans).

Have you ever tried a raw diet?

3 comments:

  1. I should probably do this challenge too. I definitely do not eat enough fruits and veggies! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have got this girl! I am going to be eating clean this week. But I could not commit to a week of raw food. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete