Friday, April 22, 2011

Faithful Friday: He lives.

Usually Friday is saved for Fashion, but with Sunday being Easter today's post is going to be a little different.

April is a hard month for me, mainly because my favorite Great Uncle Ronald died April 18, 2009 and my Mema Kay died April 27, 2009. But I know that God has a reason for everything so I just have to have faith that he knows what he's doing. And what better time to remember our Savior and how he has a plan for us and pardoned us all than celebrating Easter?


"Through the Fire"
So many times I question the certain circumstances and things I could not understand

Many times in trials my weakness blurs my vision and that’s when my frustration gets so out of hand.
It’s then I am reminded, I’ve never been forsaken.
I’ve never had to stand one test alone.

As I look at all the victories, the Spirit rises up in me and it’s through the fire my weakness is made strong.

He never promised that the cross would not get heavy and the hill would not be hard to climb.
He never offered a victory without fighting.
He said help would always come in time.
Just remember when you’re standing in the valley of decision and the advisory says give in, just hold on.
Our Lord will show up and he will take you through the fire again.

I know within myself that I would surely perish if I trust the hand of God; he’ll shield the flame again.

He never promised that the cross would not get heavy and the hill would not be hard to climb.
He never offered a victory without fighting.
He said help would always come in time.
Just remember when you’re standing in the valley of decision and the advisory says give in, just hold on.
Our Lord will show up and he will take you through the fire again.

Just hold on.
Our Lord will show up and he will take you through the fire again.

I'm not perfect. I have road rage. I have a temper. And I may let a word slip every now and again, or take a sip or two... but I love God and I have faith that he forgives me for my transgressions. 
On this Easter holiday, spend time with your family and friends and praise for giving his only begotten son to save us from our sins.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear April is a hard month for you, but glad that you can find some peace in God's plan! Thanks for sharing this Easter message!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww :( sorry girl. everything will be better in time no worries. ps love your blog :) super cute!

    ReplyDelete