Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fatty McFatterson

Dude.

Looking at those pictures yesterday made me realize that I have gots to lose some baby weight. Seriously.

Then to top it all off, one of the choral teachers at last night's ChoralFest (one of the events I coordinate for work) said, "Oh, I thought you already had your baby.".... ouch.


See, the problem is that eating healthy is kind of hard. I tend to buy veggies and fruits and such then let them spoil in the fridge because I don't have time to cut them and put them in little baggies in the morning and such.

So, my healthy solution is usually to just stop drinking soft drinks, drink TONS of water, eat 6 small meals (usually 2 of which consist of drinking a high-protein Ensure), and working out.

The workout regime started this past Monday at 6am, and I have enjoyed that part, but the eating healthy part.... not going so well. I think it is because I am going from eating ALL day and eating anything I want because I could just say "oh well, I'm pregnant I'm allowed to be fat", to having to limit myself.

I also think that I have such a hard time making myself eat healthy because...

1) My grandma and Josh's grandma cook on Sundays - and they don't how to leave grease, sugar, lard, and carbs out of anything and I am certainly not going to turn down their cooking, I just can't.


2) People at my office are forever bringing in snacks and then just plopping some on my desk - I have no will power.

3) I am exhausted from taking care of myself, my new baby and my home and therefore just eat whatever is quickest and easiest (usually of the fast-food variety).


but the main thing is....

4) I used to be able to eat whatever I wanted and be thin - and I resent that I can't anymore.

2006 (with Dana & Hopey), so young and thin
2007, thin, but a little older
2008 (with my second-cousin-in-law Michelle), not super skinny, but not chunky monkey yet
2009  (with Hopey again) pre-knee surgery, still thin-ish
2009 (w/ Urs & Dana), post-knee surgery, starting to pack on the pounds
Dec. 2009 (with Dee & the Wendy) - where did those boobs & cheeks come from?!
2010 good lord where is my chin? and how did my cheeks get so full?! Also, hello arm meat.
2011, hello giant nose, cheeks and several chins and arms
Seriously? In a span of 5 years I have gained about 40 lbs. Not acceptable.
Weight Watchers, here I come.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the picture of me... that's when I was my smallest... I'm typing this as I cram a Dunkin Donuts muffin in my mouth. What?... it's reduced fat! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your family are absolutely beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be able to eat what I wanted too and stay thin. Frustration
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fab! Dont be so hard on yourself! =)

    ReplyDelete