Friday, July 1, 2011

DIY Friday

I have decided to start dedicating Friday's to DIY projects I have created instead of the "Fashionable Friday" I used to do. Eventually I will turn it into a link-up - but for now I am just going to showcase some lovely little crafts!

Today - Beautify an ugly clock!


When I told my husband I was going to make my office clock prettier, he was all "you're stupid - just leave it alone, it's a clock." I of course just rolled my eyes.

Think about it. How often do you look at the clock during the day (especially at work)? Granted, I usually use my computer clock, but still...

So here is how I turned this...
into THIS...


What You'll Need:
* clock
* scrapbook paper, wall paper or fabric
* computer & printer
* scissors
* glue

What You'll Do:
1) Type some numbers and find a picture, design or something that you would like on your clock face. I decided to do my initials with Lilly backgrounds and typed my numbers in a cool font

2) Take apart your clock - I can't really tell you how to do this since all clocks are different - but I took mine apart with a screw driver


2) Trace the old paper that was the face of the clock onto your fabric, scrapbook paper, wallpaper or whatever you plan on using as the background.

3) Print your numbers and background image then cut them out and place them (don't glue yet) on the background you chose. Use the old face as a guide so that your clock hands will actually hit the number they're supposed to.
4) Glue the numbers and image onto the new background
5) Put the new face onto your clock, punching a hole for the clock hands to fit on in the middle.
6) Put clock back together
7) Hang your new clock so everyone can see how awesomely creative you are (and so you can tell the time).

If you want a prettier frame for the clock, spray paint it once you've taken it apart. Sadly I may or may not have done this at work so I couldn't really whip out a spray paint can in my office.

Now, go do it yourself!

5 comments:

  1. That is so cute, I LOVE the Lilly initials! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love this idea!! It is so cute! How did you do the Lilly initials? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe! My favorite part is that you may or may not have done the whole project at work! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhh this is awesome girl!! such a great idea! I think you should def create a DIY link up...how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word! How absolutely adorable!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete