Tuesday, July 19, 2011

everything's HOTTER in Texas

So, as you know, I went to San Antonio, Texas for the National School Public Relations seminar.


It was great! Not only did I learn some great new ideas for launching our social media campaign and creating a brand for our school district, but I also got to play tourist with my mama & Mrs. Rose (the administrative assistant to our superintendent who also attended).

Sidenote: In one of my sessions the girl in front of me was looking at Fabulous but Evil  on her iPad! I kept peering over her shoulder to see what she was doing since it obviously wasn't what was on the screen in the class so home girl probably thought I was an absolute weirdo.

We went to the Alamo...




We enjoyed a boat tour of the Riverwalk...


Took a few walks down the Riverwalk (despite my bum knee - yes the one I had surgery on in Aug 09 is already bothering me again)


We also enjoyed a marvelous seafood meal at Landry's Seafood on the Riverwalk with a spectacular view.


When I got home from Texas, I slept at my parent's house then got up at 6am Thursday morning to drive to Emerald Isle to see my sweet baby Sawyer (and his daddy too), along with the rest of Josh's family.

horseshoes on the beach


bowling at Mac Daddy's
Josh's cousin Keith Wayne getting some sun on his daughter's pink towel

Josh's cousins McKayla & Lyndsey entertaining Sawyer
It was a great week, but the ridiculous amounts of work on my desk when I came back were overwhelming!

1 comment: