Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Oh, How Pinteresting: Play Room

I am linking up with Michelle @ The Vintage Apple for "Oh, How Pinteresting"...


First of all I mean a legit children's play room, not like Christian Grey's play room (or red room of pain), so get your minds of out of the gutters ladies ;)

In the new house, Sawyer will have a play room, basically because we will have two living rooms - I think one is supposed to a "formal living room", but let's be honest... me and Josh aren't formal. So I have been trying to find ways to make this room...
yep, that's another sneak peek at our future home
... into a kid-friendly play room.

First step: Make the fireplace not so dangerous by making a colorful cushion for the length of it. Thank God for Clever Faeries and their fireplace cushion tutorial.
via
Except in a more kid-friendly pattern like this:
via

Second step: Store excessive amounts of toys. 
via
that is just three bookshelves and a cushion between! How cute is that?
via
Third step: make a place for Sawyer to color and sit
via
Final step: Make this thing now that I will actually have room for it!
via

What are you pinning this week?

1 comment:

  1. these are such fun ideas! i love the fireplace cushion! as a fireplace injury victim myself, i definitely appreciate the cushion idea!

    have a lovely wednesday!
    xo, sarah grace

    ReplyDelete