Monday, October 29, 2012

bittersweet move

We packed up all of our things Saturday and slept at my parents' house Saturday and Sunday and will be tonight too before the big move tomorrow. So, Friday night was my last night in our first home.



The house where I started my life with Joshua as a married couple. 

The house I painstakingly worked and worked over to transform it from my Mammy's place to our home. 
(read about there here – 123456 and 7)


The house that I brought Sawyer home to for the first time.

And yes the home that I totally blew my knee out (and ended my flowering football career obviously) fixing.


Not only did it hold a lot of sentimental value because of it being our first home, but also because it was the house I spent many a Christmas in with my whole entire family when my great-grandma "Mammy" was alive and well. 

It the house we came to as a family when my great-granddaddy died in 1993 and where we gathered once again when Mammy passed away in 2009. 


I am so happy that the house is going to a great couple, and I am more than excited about our new home. But at the same time it's a little bittersweet.

I probably won't be posting much this week as I will be elbow-deep in all our stuff and trying to set up our new place in 2 days (the only time I could get off). So prayers please and see ya'll soon.



2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about the move being bittersweet. I felt the same way when selling my mom-mom's house. Sending positive thoughts for a smooth and easy move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that's definitely bittersweet. The only milestone we've had at our house so far is bringing Violet home and that alone makes the thought of ever leaving SO sad! I get it! But this is the start of something new and exciting for you and your little family, I'm so happy for y'all and I can't wait to hear more about the new place. Good luck with the move!!

    ReplyDelete