Thursday, October 4, 2012

I can't wait anymore

As I mentioned in this post, we are moving just about 20 minutes from our current house to live in town where Josh is now working as part of his job requirement. I was going to wait and talk about the house when EVERYTHING was done (appraisal, inspection, closing..) but I am way too impatient to wait. 

So, here we go...



as I said, that door will be dark purple. 
I think my favorite part is that this house, like our old house, has old bones with upgraded qualities. Here's a shot of the house before a local contractor purchased and re-modeled it that I found on Google street view. 
see what a front porch, landscaping and shutters can do?!
It has all the requirements I was looking for and I am so, so ready to move in and start our new life there. Here's a little tour of our new place!

When you first walk in the front door, there's a living room on the front..


which opens into my favorite part of the house.. the kitchen!



The contractor also added a great garage and laundry room on the back, which includes a nice pantry too!



Then through the other door in the kitchen there's a second living room, which like I said yesterday, we'll be using as a rec room of sorts where Sawyer can play and I'll keep my desk. 

Through that door on the right (or just through a little short hall in front of the front door) is the long hallway holding the two bedrooms on each side the guest bath with the master bedroom "suite" at the end.
guest bedroom
Sawyer's room (and you can see the corner of the garage through the window)
guest bathroom
one end of the master bedroom
the other end with the sink in the room with the toilet and shower through one door and the closet on the other side
close up of bathroom counter and mirror
Josh's favorite part....

We close the day before Halloween, the exact same day as we close on our house we sold! So it is going to be a busy, busy fall folks!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! It's beautiful! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I love it all, especially that kitchen! It's amazing what a little upgrading can do for a home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!! I was hoping you were gonna get impatient and go ahead and post it ;) I love looking at houses. I could spend hours and hours looking at Houzz.com

    So happy for y'all!! Can't wait to see how you decorate. Oh, and I think a dark purple door is a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats Lauren!! I know y'all are so excited!!! The house looks great and I'm sure you will have fun decorating all that space :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulation! Looks Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love it!! that kitchen is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. So cute! I can't wait to see all the decorating y'all okay you do.

    ReplyDelete