As I mentioned in this post, we are moving just about 20 minutes from our current house to live in town where Josh is now working as part of his job requirement. I was going to wait and talk about the house when EVERYTHING was done (appraisal, inspection, closing..) but I am way too impatient to wait.
So, here we go...
![]() |
| as I said, that door will be dark purple. |
I think my favorite part is that this house, like our old house, has old bones with upgraded qualities. Here's a shot of the house before a local contractor purchased and re-modeled it that I found on Google street view.
![]() |
| see what a front porch, landscaping and shutters can do?! |
When you first walk in the front door, there's a living room on the front..
which opens into my favorite part of the house.. the kitchen!
The contractor also added a great garage and laundry room on the back, which includes a nice pantry too!
Then through the other door in the kitchen there's a second living room, which like I said yesterday, we'll be using as a rec room of sorts where Sawyer can play and I'll keep my desk.
![]() |
| guest bedroom |
![]() |
| Sawyer's room (and you can see the corner of the garage through the window) |
![]() |
| guest bathroom |
![]() |
| one end of the master bedroom |
![]() |
| the other end with the sink in the room with the toilet and shower through one door and the closet on the other side |
![]() |
| close up of bathroom counter and mirror |
Josh's favorite part....
We close the day before Halloween, the exact same day as we close on our house we sold! So it is going to be a busy, busy fall folks!


















Wow! It's beautiful! Congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I love it all, especially that kitchen! It's amazing what a little upgrading can do for a home :)
ReplyDeleteI love it!!! I was hoping you were gonna get impatient and go ahead and post it ;) I love looking at houses. I could spend hours and hours looking at Houzz.com
ReplyDeleteSo happy for y'all!! Can't wait to see how you decorate. Oh, and I think a dark purple door is a great idea!!
congrats Lauren!! I know y'all are so excited!!! The house looks great and I'm sure you will have fun decorating all that space :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulation! Looks Beautiful!
ReplyDeletei love it!! that kitchen is gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteI love it. So cute! I can't wait to see all the decorating y'all okay you do.
ReplyDelete