So, I hit up Pinterest and found this delicious recipe at "Born to Pharm" for a "Honey Apple Pork Loin" then just made some of my own little changes. It's even gluten free. Enjoy!
- 2 to 3 lb. boneless pork loin roast
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 or 3 apples, cored and sliced (peel left on)
- 4 T. honey (approx)
1. Core and slice your apples and place them in the bottom of the crockpot and sprinkle with nutmeg.
2. Slice the pork loin into 1/2 to 3/4 inch sections, not cutting all the way through, just cutting little slits. Pour a little honey inside each slit (I just kind of winged it, put as much as you want).
3. Place one of the apple wedges (the ones not in the crockpot already) inside each slit.
4. Place the pork loin in the crockpot on top of the apples and sprinkle with more nutmeg and honey (if you want).
5. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours and then shred with a fork (it will be that tender).
I added some more honey & nutmeg when I got home, just to boost the flavor and it was amazing.