Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dia Dos - Bet you didn't know...

Second day of the 10 day challenge

Day 1: Ten things you want to say to ten people right now.
Day 2: Nine things about yourself that most people don't know.
Day 3: Eight things you couldn't live without.
Day 4: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day 5: Six things you wish you could change or wish you would have never done.
Day 6: Five people who mean a lot to you.
Day 7: Four turn offs.
Day 8: Three turn ons.
Day 9: Two words that describe your life right now.
Day 10: One confession.

Coming up with 9 things that most people don't know about me is going to be pretty hard since I certainly don't mind sharing embarrassing details about myself for the sake of humor. But I'm going to try.

1) I have 8 birthmarks. And I don't mean the little dark freckles/moles people try to call birthmarks I mean little brown patches. Most people know about the giant one on my leg, the little bunny shaped one on my neck and the two small ones on my arm, but I have four others that few have seen.

see my little bunny birthmark on the left side of my neck?

2) One summer while working at the drug store, I tried to move a box fan without turning it off first and my pinky finger slipped into the cracks and got caught in the blade, breaking the end of said finger and slicing it open. I was too scared to get stitches so we just butterfly-stripped it and now I have an ugly scar and it hurts when it rains.

3) I secretly love to watch "Hannah Montana" on Disney. Even though I hate how the little teeny boppers over-act and watching Miley's mouth move when she talks makes me want to die a little, the show is pretty funny and just a feel-good kind of show to watch.
4) I still sleep with my pooh bear and blanket. It's a problem, I know.

5) I am a complete freak about organization. A lot of my closest friends know this because of how overly anal I am about details and being punctual, but not everyone knows about my obsession with my planner and BlackBerry calendar and my excessive use of lists.

6) I adore Reggaeton music. It is a mix of reggae and Puerto Rican music that my friend Cory turned me on to. I'm forever asking him to send me lists of songs to download and new artists I should check out. I especially love Tito El Bambino, Wisin y Yandel, Randy y Jowell and Don Omar. You should check out these songs: Rakata, Siente El Boom, , Te Comence a Querer, Hijo en la Disco and Hasta Abajo. It is all in Spanish (except Ja Rule's part in "Rakata"), but the beat and flow of the songs are so great it doesn't matter if you understand or not.



7) I was supposed to be left handed. I write with my right hand now, but I write like a lefty with my whole hand curled around whatever I am working on and I use my left hand for drying my hair, washing the dishes, locking my door and I wear my watch on my right wrist. Supposedly my kindergarten teacher just taught me how to write with my right instead of my left.

8) I am slightly addicted to Ebay. I browse it all the time and I have several pairs of R&R and 7FAM jeans from there as well as a whole load of Lacoste polos. I gave this secret away once in high school and a bunch of my friends jumped on the Ebay wagon too.

9) I am completely OCD when it comes to dishes. When Joshua washes them, I secretly go back and re-wash when he isn't home. I appreciate him doing it (and making him do it) but he just doesn't get them as clean as I do.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious (and a little strange if I do say so....) about the pooh bear and blanket! I studied abroad in Mexico during the summer of '07 and I danced to "Rakata" in Mexican clubs. Good times! It's the best dancing music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha the pooh bear & blanket thing is more for comfort, Pooh fits just perfectly under my chin between the pillow and the bed so without him my neck is sore... I have no excuse for the blanket.
    And I completely agree about Regaetton being amazing dancing music, I know people think I am a crazy person when they pass me on the highway as I'm dancing away in my car.

    ReplyDelete