Thursday, September 16, 2010

frogs and snails and puppy dogs tails....

Josh and I just returned from our latest doctor appointment and we discovered that we're having a.... BOY. Now, we can officially start planning a nursery and registering for things :)
Here's what we're thinking for the nursery.

Pirates
I fell in absolute love with the Treasure Cove by Cotton Tale Designs at Toys-R-Us.

With this set I could use some of the navy, red and nautical stuff I had in my one-bedroom apartment my junior year.
I also found tons of great things to match it on Etsy.
Like this monogrammed anchor decal.

or this Pirate's Life decal

then of course there's this great sign

For the walls I think we'll paint a horizontal red stripe around the room then paint a navy or light blue color underneath it.
No matter what type of decor Josh & I (mainly just me) decide on, our furniture is more or less already picked out. A dark espresso finish is mandatory (I have a thing about furniture either been white or dark wood, it's weird) and we both want a crib that can convert into a bed later in life. We really only need a changing table, dresser, crib and a nice rocker with an ottoman. We have yet to find a rocker we like, but the crib package set we like a lot is the DaVinci Kalani set in Espresso at Target.

I forsee lots of madras shorts & seersucker rompers in the future
Now I just have to convince Josh that his John Wayne poster, giant portrait of UNC stars and the ECU stadium photo has to be moved elsewhere....

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I am finally catching up on reading blogs.
    I like the pirate theme! Something I have not seen for a little boy.

    ReplyDelete