Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Game Day Picture Linkup - ECU vs. UNC

Linking up with The Belles of Saturday for the Game Day Picture Linkup!

Saturday we spent the day in Chapel Hill supporting our Pirates against the Tarheels. Now, as I said before, I am a big-time Tarheel fan during basketball season. But during football season I'm a Pirate all the way (despite the loss we suffered at the end of the game).

We met our friends at their place in Raleigh then made the trip to the Hill and tailgated with our friend Ryan's uncle who has a nice tailgating spot beside the hospital in a parking deck. This was different for us since we park in a wooded lot in Greenville and we are SURROUNDED by other fans from the minute the lot opens (six hours before game time) - in Chapel Hill there were very few tailgaters in our lot until right before the game began.
only other tailgaters in the lot?
flying the Pirate flags high over Tarheel country!
mandatory ladies picture - missed you Kate!
first cup flipped at 10:30am
action shot of husband and bestie's husband during one of many flip-cup games
I wish we could bring food like this to our games, but sadly our guys don't care much about eating... it usually just goes to waste! But they had a great setup at this game for sure. 

bestie love.
me and Joshua, with some bad lighting. 
Once we got in the game I was pretty surprised by the lack of fans in the stadium, I guess I'm just used to a packed house at Dowdy Fick as soon as the team is ready to come in, not the case in Kenan. This may not be the case every game there, just something I noticed during this particular one...


Also lacking? KNEE SPACE!! I guess the stands aren't made for long-legged people.

We did get to see some of the Tarheel basketball players at the game which made Josh's day!
that's James Michael McAdoo in the shades!
some of the other players and assistant coach

Can't wait for our first night game of the season this weekend! Sawyer is going to tailgate with us awhile then his Mimi is picking him up before the game.

5 comments:

  1. ahhh I wish y'all had of won! I am a State fan so obviously I was pulling for y'all :-) I am currently in a mad hunt for a purple dress to wear to a LSU game soon, I love the one your friend is wearing! and thank you so much for linking up!! We appreciate it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fellow Pirate, I'm really disappointed in UNC's lack of dedication to tailgating. How sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In defense of unc, the football stadium is litterally in the middle of the parking-limited historical campus, wnd was built long before the need for large tailgating lots unlike states off campus stadium and ecus edge of campus stadium with parking. There are tons of areas jam packed with tailgaters scattered about, including the dean dome parking lot and others. The hard core tailgaters shy away from parking decks though. Anddddd the Ecu fans were pretty sparse about half time at last years game... ;) j/k. ecu fans were throwing stuff at me last year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In defense of unc, the football stadium is litterally in the middle of the parking-limited historical campus, wnd was built long before the need for large tailgating lots unlike states off campus stadium and ecus edge of campus stadium with parking. There are tons of areas jam packed with tailgaters scattered about, including the dean dome parking lot and others. The hard core tailgaters shy away from parking decks though. Anddddd the Ecu fans were pretty sparse about half time at last years game... ;) j/k. ecu fans were throwing stuff at me last year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh, I miss game days. :( So fun. Adore this post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest outfit. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete