Monday, September 17, 2012

one of those days...

Do you ever just have one of those days where nothing seems to go right?
Everything you touch either falls or breaks?
Your stupid hair is flat and your outfit that looked so cute at home looks exceptionally busted when you get to work?

I had that day Friday. And it was bad from the time the clock struck 1am Friday morning....

Sookie decided that her stomach contents were better suited on the floor than in her tummy at 1 o'clock in the freakin' morning. So, I had to climb out of bed and not only usher her out the door to keep her from re-eating her vomit (bleh, what makes them DO that?!) but also spend a good 30 minutes cleaning the carpet.

this face seems MUCH less sweet at 1am.
Once I finally got back into bed, I was wide awake and just laid there, praying, stalking Facebook and Twitter and wishing I was asleep until 3 am when Sawyer decided to cry and somehow manage to pee through his diaper and PJs all over his bed. So then I had to get back up and  change him into clean clothes while he screams "night, night" and "sleeeeeeepy" before taking him to his daddy so I can rip the sheets off the bed. Then of course he was too comfy in our bed to be moved.

this little face is also less sweet in the early hours of the morning
Last time I looked at the clock is was 4 am. I  had to be up at 6am so I could take Sawyer to his Josh's grandma's house before going to work.

I of course overslept and had to fly around the house getting ready and packing Sawyer's diaper bag and such (which yes, I should have done the night before).

But you know, the way I see it, the only place the day had to go after a morning like that was up. 

Luke 21:28: "And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh."

1 comment:

  1. Oh friend I hope your weekend was much better! I feel like I have "those days" a lot more lately. And YES I always regret not having packed the diaper bag the night before. hahaha

    ReplyDelete