Tuesday, August 10, 2010

don't. touch. my stomach.

Okay. I am only 11 weeks pregnant, meaning that the roundness in my middle has a lot less to do with the fig-sized fetus in my belly and a lot more to do with the insane hungriness that has consumed my being. Therefore, DO NOT TOUCH MY STOMACH!
When did people decide it's okay to caress another person's abdomen? If I weren't pregnant, the older ladies (and some men) at church would never touch me, but they think that just because a small person is growing inside of me that it's okay? It's not.
I don't even want people touching my stomach when I actually have a baby belly, but I can at least see where that might be more tempting to people.

One of my church family members took it upon himself to rub my stomach while I was getting my choir books last Wednesday and I was so shocked I didn't have a chance to respond. Granted, there isn't much I could say since I am not allowed to be blunt or rude at church (or Mema Dean will give me the lecture of a lifetime).
But let me tell you this: first stranger that touches my stomach will be dealt with accordingly.

Any suggestions on politely asking people to not invade my personal space?

2 comments:

  1. My aunt had sent me this link to your post and I am currently 11 weeks and WANT TO PUNCH SOME PEEPS IN THE FACE. I had a little pudge before I was pregnant and when everyone was told we were expecting, all of a sudden they started rubbing my little pudgy belly. I wanted to tell them, That's not baby you're rubbing, you a##. But with a grin on my face I just nod and smile. Now its to the point where I'd like all of these shirts and in different sizes so I can wear them throughout the pregnancy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My aunt had sent me this link to your post and I am currently 11 weeks and WANT TO PUNCH SOME PEEPS IN THE FACE. I had a little pudge before I was pregnant and when everyone was told we were expecting, all of a sudden they started rubbing my little pudgy belly. I wanted to tell them, That's not baby you're rubbing, you a##. But with a grin on my face I just nod and smile. Now its to the point where I'd like all of these shirts and in different sizes so I can wear them throughout the pregnancy. ;)

    ReplyDelete