Monday, August 9, 2010

Fashionable Friday: game day gear (a few days late)

I'm not going to lie.
I really don't like summer that much.
Sure it's nice to be able to go to the beach and not have to pre-heat your car before climbing in, but I despise being hot, my hair is always flat and sweat stains are not really my style.
So, as I see September approaching I get uber-excited, because that means fall (my favorite season) is soon to begin.
One of the best things about fall is football season, and as the Pirates hit the field and we head to the stadium/tailgating lots, my wardrobe takes a turn for the purple.
Note: Real fans don't wear heels & uncomfortable outfits to football games. Ugh. We will talk about you if you do.

Here is what I usually wear to support my pirates
Hot game days:
When the season first begins, it is usually early September and pretty warm. This year our first game falls September 5th, so it'll be warm without being a BILLION degrees, meaning I can wear my purple & yellow Jack Rogers AND I'll probably have at least a little bit of a baby bump so I can rock a precious ECU maternity t-shirt :)


Semi-Cool game days:
I bought a pair of Rock and Republic jeans with purple R's on the pockets JUST FOR football games. However... they have gotten a little snug. So I doubt I'll be able to wear them to the games this year with my soon-to-be growing belly, but maybe a belly band will make them fit?


Cold game days:
On those 50 degree or colder game days, I thank god for ECU hoodies, Under Armour & my purple L.L. Bean ear warmer head wrap, not to mention thick socks & my hideous, but warm Rocket Dog boots.


Only 27 days until kickoff :) go pirates!

1 comment:

  1. Where did you find the maternity shirt with the stork? I can't find any ECU maternity shirts anywhere!

    ReplyDelete