Monday, August 2, 2010

pooh.

While other girls were in love with things like makeup, high heels and dress up, I loved toys. I spent hours playing with Polly Pocket (back when she was realllly small and only bent at the waist) and all her little fold-up homes

My Little Pony

and Littlest Pet Shop

But the one toy that was always at my side and usually in my arms was my Pooh Bear.

I loved to read the Winnie the Pooh stories, watch the TV show and take my Pooh on every adventure I went on. He slept with me, rode with me to school and waited patiently in the car for me when my mom picked me up from the babysitter's after school. He was my best friend and cuddle partner.
Today, Pooh Bear still sleeps with me. He is just the perfect size to fit under my arm and I just don't sleep well without him wedged underneath me. Josh isn't too fond of his presence, but I don't care.
Pooh has been through a lot. The red t-shirt he used to wear was shredded after too many washes, he's losing his fur, his stuffing has all drifted to his stomach (I'm fairly certain he has no feeling in his extremities, his head has been re-attached twice and Sookie ate one of his eyeballs.
Maybe when my little girl/boy is old enough I will pass Pooh to them... until then, he is mine, all mine.

Pooh Bear, twenty-three years later


“"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"
"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"
"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.
Pooh nodded thoughtfully.
"It's the same thing," he said.”

No comments:

Post a Comment