Thursday, January 20, 2011

Honeymoon Memories (long post)

Don't worry, I am not going to tell you everything that went on during our honeymoon, but lately I have been really nostalgic about how awesome my and Joshua's trip to St. Lucia was, so I figured why not blog about it?
It all started when hubs and I went on a Royal Caribbean cruise with his grandma, granddaddy, brother, mama and daddy in 2008 to the southern Caribbean islands including St. Maarten, St. Lucia, St. Thomas, Antigua and Barbados that set sail from San Juan, Puerto Rico. 

Mr. Scott, Mrs. Ethel, Jordan, Josh, Me, Mrs. Vivian and Mr. Mike
We had an absolute blast and enjoyed every island we hopped to, going on shore excursions like under-water walking in St. Thomas..
Josh and I with our under-water helmets on - I was freaked out and looking for sharks the entire time
and hiking in the rain forest in St. Lucia (which even Josh's 78 year old Granddaddy did, including jumping off the waterfall at the end)
our steep trail in the St. Lucian rainforest
 Well, Josh and I loved St. Lucia so much that we decided to honeymoon there, and I am so glad we did. 

We chose to stay at the Sandals Regency La Toc, the biggest of the three Sandals resorts located in St. Lucia. At first I was a little wary, I didn't want some touristy, all-inclusive, cheesy place but oh my god, it was amazing. We didn't have to worry about where we were going to eat since there were nine different kinds of restaurants on the resort AND we could eat at any of the other resorts too. And the best part? NO KIDS ALLOWED.

We enjoyed Japanese, British, Italian, French, Caribbean and several other different kinds of cuisines. 
Josh and me at the "La Toc" the french restaurant
The Piton's restaurant, which served St. Lucian cuisines
The Pavilion, which had a buffet for breakfast and lunch then you could come in and order things for supper while enjoying the shows, loved that it was indoors and outdoors
Josh and I before eating at Kimonos
Kimonos, the Japanese restaurant
Josh enjoying a drink at the Arizona Grill, which had food ALL the time.
Josh even surprised me one night with a moon-lit dinner on the beach, just the two of us with our own personal waiter.
our table with out little menus
in our private cabana :)
We did several excursions including a horse-back trail ride that ended with a beach barbecue (that sadly my stomach did NOT agree with), zip-lining through the rain-forest and a Land and Sea Adventure where we toured botanical gardens, explored the Piton mountains and the sulfur spring and enjoyed snorkeling off the catamaran.
ziplining
horse-back riding (this was before my stomach rebelled against the unusual food)

hate this picture of me, but LOVE Josh's face haha
silly snorkelers, my mask was WAY too big
In front of the Sulfur springs (stinky, stinky)
The resort also had plenty of fun activities, every night there was an amazing show that we could listen to from outside by the pool or at a table inside and they had water equipment to rent too.
you've already seen this one, but Josh and I after canoeing (which ended in a fight because I thought we had paddled out too far)
enjoying a fire show one night
listening to the steel drums one night, pool side.
 Josh and I also splurged on an absolutely mind-blowing massage package called the "Scrub-A-Dub-Rub" where we got a couples massage accompanied by an exfoliation that ended with a dip in an amazing bubble and flower filled jacuzzi. 

It was so amazing, even if I was rocking my knee brace. 
note the knee brace, so sexy.
I hope that we can take a trip like that again one day, maybe for our 5 or 10 year anniversary.


2 comments:

  1. Ah......we loved St. Lucia, too. We couldn't get a reservation at Kimonos and I was so sad - hahaha! I keep meaning to write a honeymoon post - Thanks for reminding me!!

    ReplyDelete