Tuesday, March 27, 2012

RHOC and other Bravo awesome-ness

**Spoiler alert: if you haven't watched the past weeks' episodes of Real Housewives of Orange County, you may not want to read this.

I don't usually watch reality TV shows that involve a bunch of women (except for Jersey Shore... if you can call those girls women), I usually watch stuff like Sons of Guns, Deadliest Catch, American Pickers and Swamp People but Real Housewives of Orange County has had me hooked since season numero uno.

Let's talk about my least favorite and absolute favorite shall we?

We'll start with my least favorite, and the housewife who has been on the show for all seven seasons....

Vicki Gunvalson - I loathe Vicki. She is, by far, one of the most hypocritical people on the show. I also don't know why they call her a "housewife" when she is actually about to be divorced so soon won't be a "wife" to anyone and also she works "all the time" (according to her" for her own insurance business, Coto Insurance & Financial Services. She spent most of last season picking on my girl Gretchen's (we'll talk about her in second) boyfriend Slade because he doesn't pay child support, well now she is dating a guy who went to jail for not paying child support. Then when she got called out on it by Gretchen she said that "my boyfriend is none of your business".... um but Slade was? Grrr, dislike her a LOT.

Now on to my home girl....

Gretchen Rossi - I like Gretchen the best because she is real. I feel like she doesn't hold back and tries to stay as true as possible. Yes, she took a BUNCH of flack for being engaged to a dying, older gentleman by the name of Jeff in the first season, but hey, that's her prerogative. I like that she seems pretty independent now, in fact she support her boyfriend Slade who is working for her. She is 33 and just awesome in my opinion.  She also doesn't hesitate to call someone out on a lie.

In other news... I also adore Brad Goreski and his new show "It's a Brad Brad World" on Bravo. I loved Brad when he was on Rachel Zoe's "The Rachel Zoe" project so I was thrilled to learn he was getting his own show.


But his boyfriend of 10 years Gary Janetti has also become a favorite, he is just so snarky it's wonderful. if you don't follow him on twitter you absolutely should, his tweets are hilarious with a lot of tounge-in-cheek-ness.  One of last week's tweet said "It's such a lovely day I decided to sit outside and judge people instead of doing it from the window in my stuffy office." Haha.

What TV shows do you like? Do you hate Vicki too, or maybe you adore her?

4 comments:

  1. I missed the most recent episode of RHOC, but I 100% agree with you. I despise Vicki, she was always horrible to poor Don! Gretchen is definitely my favorite, I just can't decide how I feel about Slade. After him being with Jo and then going out with Lauri...it does seem odd.
    I also love Jeff Lewis. His new show Interior Therapy is great, and I loved when he was on Flipping Out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl I LOVE Gretchen!!!!! I totally want to be bff's with her..she's hilarious!!! I can't stand Vicki...I used to like her a little but she is just so obnoxious and I agree very hypocritical!! oh and how do you feel about Heather? I def don't like her..maybe its because she's new, but I think she is way too snobby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate Vicki, she is such a mean girl. Tamra might be the absolute worst though. Gretchen needs to dump Slade like a hot potato though, she deserves better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree... it's time for Bravo to kick the OG of the OC to the curb.

    ReplyDelete