Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 6: Redudancy results in editing

Day 1: Ten things you want to say to ten people right now.
Day 2: Nine things about yourself that most people don't know.
Day 3: Eight things you couldn't live without.
Day 4: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day 5: Six things you wish you could change or wish you would have never done.
Day 6: Five people who mean a lot to you.
Day 7: Four turn offs.
Day 8: Three turn ons.
Day 9: Two words that describe your life right now.
Day 10: One confession.

Just like Kristen over at All in My Twenties, I feel like I have already answered this question several times over. So, instead I am going to talk about the five items in my fall wardrobe that mean the most to me.

5) Usually I would say my dark Joe's Jeans in the "Honey" fit. But since those are certainly not fitting over my pregnant belly the new jeans that mean the most to me are my skinny Old Navy maternity jeans. Most maternity pants are either a) too short for me or b) made like giant parachute pants, apparently the companies believe that pregnant women want to hide all their curves under massive amounts of fabric/denim, but these jeans are marvelous. They are the only pair of maternity jeans I own so far and I've worn them like 6 times since I got them in the mail two weeks ago.
4) My Clark Wallabees. These shoes are the comfiest and preppiest fall shoes in my closet. They are so special to me because I can wear them with corduroys and an oxford or a sweater and jeans or even just a t-shirt, hoodie & jeans. I also think it's hilarious that both my dad and mom had their own Wallabees when they were my age.
3) Any of my Ralph Lauren Oxfords, these shirts are so versatile and I wear them unto the buttons fall off. Sadly, none of them will button around my growing bump, but they are still waiting (in rainbow color order) in my closet for next year.


2) All my scarves, I have about a billion. Whether they're printed and wrapped like a muffler or solid colors and tied in a cool knot, I rock these things all fall and winter long. They are the best accessory and fit no matter how much weight you gain or lose : )


1) I seriously don't know what I would do without my SouthWest Soccer hoodie. This hooded sweatshirt reminds me of the ridiculous amounts of fun I had playing soccer with my best friends and our adventures as the "back of the bus crew". Below are just a FEW pictures of the THOUSANDS we took. I wish I could find the ones from my junior year that included my bestie, Hope, but all I could find were senior year photos. We may not have won that many games, but we were winners in our hearts :) Remind me to tell you about the time we all wore our SWE hoodies (except for Hopey & Elizabeth who rocked ECU ones) to the Alan Jackson concert. In fact, expect a post soon about our adventures on the SWE Lady Soccer team.
 Me wearing my favorite hoodie hanging out with Josh and Mac Daddy
the happy family
 
Did I mention we used to sing on the way to and from the games? I am obviously 
into it since I have on my shades AND my head is turned at such an odd angle.

this is Kat & I with our faces smashed against the inside of a Burger King play place thing after an away game
Me & Kat in Burger King
my senior year, last game


The past & future of SWE Soccer

1 comment:

  1. I seriously have a billion scarves, too! Best fall accessory ever.

    ReplyDelete