Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 5: why did/didn't I DO that?

Day 1: Ten things you want to say to ten people right now.
Day 2: Nine things about yourself that most people don't know.
Day 3: Eight things you couldn't live without.
Day 4: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day 5: Six things you wish you could change or wish you would have never done.
Day 6: Five people who mean a lot to you.
Day 7: Four turn offs.
Day 8: Three turn ons.
Day 9: Two words that describe your life right now.
Day 10: One confession.

This was the easiest post to write, because I often think about things that had I chosen a different path would have changed my life completely (as I said in yesterday's post).

1) I wish I had paid more attention to Mac Daddy when his stomach started being weirder than usual, instead of just chalking it up to his sensitive system. Who knows, maybe an earlier trip to the vet may have kept him alive...
2) I wish I could change my entire junior year of high school. I refuse to even write about the stupid crap I pulled that year or the poor life decisions I made. Granted they were all fairly petty and probably didn't change my life that much, but I am still ashamed of how I carried myself then.

3) I would have visited my Mammy more. My great-grandma used to be a VERY strong woman. She was tall and had the broadest shoulders and strongest arms I've ever seen on an older lady, so when she started deteriorating after her 90th birthday or so, I couldn't handle it. I visited every once in awhile, but it just made me so upset when she didn't remember me and to see her lay there so small and still. Joshua never even got to meet her, even though we dated/were engaged for almost 5 years before she died. I just didn't want him to see her that way, since I still thought of her as the giant lady who cooked up a storm and was strong enough to pick up my great-granddaddy when he couldn't get in and out of bed.
Me and Mammy in like 1991


4) I wish I had never pierced my belly button. Back in the day it was the cool thing to do and I got it pierced the day after my high school graduation. It hurt, got infected, oozed yucky stuff and then finally healed. Shortly after that... I decided I didn't like it anymore and let it grow in. Now I have a permanent little hole that doesn't go all the way through, just leaves a little spot above my belly button where I ring used to go.

5) I wish Josh and I had just had a small wedding. My dad offered us like $5,000 to just go somewhere and get married with just our family present, but I knew that my Mema Dean would kill me and deep down I wanted to be surrounded by friends and family envying my awesome wedding. I think I planned the extravagance more for other people than myself and I would have saved myself lots of stress and my parents lots of money if we'd just had a little ceremony somewhere else. Not to mention it was a thousand degrees and my knee hurt so bad that it would have been so much better to just have a nice little indoor service without the big reception.
funny how I have almost the same expression in this picture as the one above


6) Speaking of knees... I wish I had never been so stubborn when I was re-doing Mammy's house. If I'd just been patient and waited for help, I would have saved Josh and I a LOT of money and myself a lot of pain. Knee surgery costs were crazy and that joint will never be the same again.
(knee comparison, post operation - bad knee on left)

No comments:

Post a Comment