Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 4: i always be thinkin'..

Day 1: Ten things you want to say to ten people right now.
Day 2: Nine things about yourself that most people don't know.
Day 3: Eight things you couldn't live without.
Day 4: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day 5: Six things you wish you could change or wish you would have never done.
Day 6: Five people who mean a lot to you.
Day 7: Four turn offs.
Day 8: Three turn ons.
Day 9: Two words that describe your life right now.
Day 10: One confession.

Being a completely random person and having a stupidly overactive imagination, I spend a lot of time just pondering.

1) What could have been. But then again, who doesn't ever wonder what would have happened if you'd done things a little differently? My biggest "what if" moments are mainly "what if I had stayed at Greenfield instead of transferring to SouthWest for 11th & 12th grade" and "what if I'd stayed at UNC-Wilmington instead of transfering to ECU". Those were huge decisions at the time that I think molded me into who I am.

2) Racism. I just do NOT understand it. I don't think anyone should receive more than another person just because of the color of their skin or religious preference. That being said... I believe people use the race crutch way too often. I was accused of being racist on the TELEPHONE the other day because I wouldn't let a person speak directly to the superintendent. I reminded the not-so-nice woman that it was not our policy for any phone calls to go to the superintendent without having spoken to his assistant first AND I had no idea if her skin was purple, orange or blue since I was just listening to her voice not seeing her.

3) I think about Heaven a lot. I just dream about getting to Heaven and seeing my Mema Kay again and being able to talk to Uncle Kenny and my mama's dad who I never got to meet. Not to mention I want to roll and play with our sweet Mac Daddy. However, I don't want to go anywhere yet since my life on earth is pretty ideal right now, though I know I shouldn't say that.

4) Our baby. I pray all the time that he will be healthy and happy. I worry that labor will be horrid or something will happen and I won't get to have the epidural I want so badly. I also get scared that whenever something hurts that something's wrong. Thank God for faith.

5) I try not to, but I think about work all the time. How I can do a better job, what I can do to improve our website and how I can tweak the logo to be approved by the board so we can quit using the same old one we've had since I was in school here.

6) Mema Kay, especially when I buy clothes or change my hair. She always had some sort of snarky comment about my outfits or hair cut, but I find myself missing them now.

7) I always worry about Money. I try not to think about the lovely debt me and Josh have accumulated and how much $$$ we owe to the SurgiCenter for my knee surgery. Even though we have a payment plan and are slowly knocking away at it, I can feel it weighing down on me all the time.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lauren! I love this 30 days of blogging. I've been thinking about doing it too.

    I left you an award on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete