Monday, March 4, 2013

domesticated weekend

okay.. I am totally a week behind since I was so sick with walking pneumonia last week, so I am doing a big-time belated weekend update... from last weekend.

Saturday morning I planned out my meals for three weeks and decided to make a BIG trip to the grocery store with Sawyer.
menu planner via Craft Sew Create
holla, ya girl saved $47.26... yes I know that is probably pennies to some, but hey $191.77 sounds better than $239.03.
and yes, it is hanging on my fridge with my favorite Lilly Pulitzer magnet to show Joshua that I can indeed be smart about money...

Not pictured? Sawyer throwing an absolute fit in the checkout line for a Dora the Explorer balloon, which he got (i'm a sucker) and then proceeded to hit me with for the rest of the trip.

Then we hit up the Hobby Lobby so I could make a wreath for one of my co-workers who loved the one I made for Relay so much, she wanted one for her door too!


Sawyer took a giant nap, so while he slept I made Katie's recipe for "Cake Batter Energy Bars". Sadly, I forgot to buy Rice Krispies, so I pounded up some Rice Chex cereal instead and it worked great!

not quite as pretty as Katie's version, but yummy!
While I was in the cooking mood, I made some Grape-Almond-Chicken Salad to have for lunch for the week (expect a post on that for Thursday's "Saw it, Pinned it, Did it" post!).


Then the big guy woke up and ate two whole PB&J sandwiches, which I couldn't get over (he's not a big eater).

How was your weekend?!

6 comments:

  1. loving that navy and green rug!! and dang girl..teach me to coupon haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every bit saved helps and if that is almost everything for 3 weeks that is amazing. I get excited when I save more than $10 but it is just me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad that you are feeling better! and yummmm! I've been wanting to try those energy bars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait.... you only spent $191 for THREE WEEKS worth of groceries??? I think that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saving almost $50 bucks sounds amazing to me!! Good job! :)

    Looove the pic of Sawyer. He's so dang cute! I love that rug too, where is it from?

    ReplyDelete