After a lot of though and a LOT of having to crawl behind Sawyer in the confined space of our living room, we decided to do a switch-a-roo between our dining and living room. (PS This is a long post, prepare yourself)
Original Dining Room:
Original Living Room
We simply switched all the furniture between the two rooms, along with some accessories and lighting fixtures. Then only spent around $300 on some necessary things.
New Dining Room:
New Living Room:
Some major changes we made included:
- painting the existing black end tables silver with my favorite product of all time, Rust-oleum Metallic Spraypaint.
| old black tables |
- purchasing an area rug, which I got a steal at TJ Maxx
![]() |
| perfect color combo for our living room |
- having to move the satellite cable into the old dining room
- buying green cushions (thank you World Market) and pillows (thank you Home Goods) for the wicker furniture we had in storage
![]() |
| green cushions & green and blue throw pillows |
- Buying a green leather ottoman from Ross (only $21!)
![]() | |
|
The only real costs were:
Paint
Cushions
Pillows
Area Rug
Spray Paint
Picture Frames
Here are some up close shots of some other change I made...
The Mantle
I had to make several changes to my old living room so it would match the pink, green & blue scheme of my dining room stuff.
![]() |
| new mantle (I spray painted the two green picture frame mats and the far right frame pink) |
![]() |
| love my blue candlesticks holders from ZGallerie that I got for Christmas! |
![]() |
| also adore the wooden monogram from Southern Proper Monograms, which I spray-painted pink (notice a theme here?) |
![]() |
| original mantle, those blue frames are now green and the yellow frame is now pink (as pictured above) |
Tablescape
Since my old living room walls were white, I knew my off-white table and chairs wouldn't stand out very well, so I chose to cover the table and chairs with some coordinating sheets that would match my existing table runner.
![]() |
| chair covers made of pillow cases and tied with pink ribbon (yes they ARE that wrinkled, I have got to iron them) |
![]() |
| via |
![]() |
| here are the candleabras when they were black |
Photo Wall
I left our original wedding photo wall up in the old living room, but since I moved the china cabinet into the new dining room (which I love since now people can actually see our pretty fine china) it left a big blank wall over the couch in the new living room.
![]() |
| our china cabinet, which needs some art on either side |
![]() |
| wedding gallery wall (yes they picture in the middle is crooked, it moves every time the door slams) in dining room |
So I purchased a bunch of un-finished frames from Michaels' and painted those suckers silver & green to coordinate with the room and created a gallery over the couch. I also stole the frames off the wall over our bed since I plan on redoing that wall soon too.
![]() |
| new gallery wall |
I think Sawyer has enjoyed the switch the most, he has so much more room for activities (if you don't get this quote, I need you to watch "Step Brothers" right now).





















Wow! Looks great! :)
ReplyDeleteWow! both rooms look great
ReplyDelete